Wednesday, October 27, 2010

WEEK 4 EOC: ADVERTISING IS BASED ON HAPPINESS

       It doesn't matter how good that ad looks on the billboard or that commerical is on tv; if what is being advertised isn't what you are looking for, you won't be happy with your purchase. There is a perception out there that the public will buy "whatever" just because other people do and because it gives "status".
       I was shopping at Ross the other day, (being that I am a student, I am on a budget and this store just makes sense to me), and I came across a pair of Nikes. I was looking for something that was really funky, something that would fit my personality, yet be up-to-date with the current trend of fashion as well. Nike has always been a long standing, respectable, well-known company.
         So, I thought, why not try these shoes on? I can kill two birds with one stone, look cool and feel cool all at the same time. I liked how they looked, so I bought them. Later on, when I got them home and wore them, they were so uncomfortable, I put them back in the box. I ended up selling them to my cousin because it was too late to return them since I had already worn them.
         The whole thing irritated me because I expected these shoes to be comfortable and that I would enjoy them. That was my perception. Well, these didnt make me too happy and I realized that it doesn't matter  how great a company is or how much I paid for something, if it doesn't fulfill my needs, it will never make me happy, no matter how cool it looks.


Because loving what you do is just that damn important!
http://positivesharing.com/about-me/


Life is too short to work the wrong job.
http://positivesharing.com/2007/09/happiness-at-work-in-advertising/


there is more to life than making money, arguing that improving people's happiness is a key challenge for politicians.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/happiness_formula/4809828.stm

No comments:

Post a Comment