Wednesday, October 6, 2010

WEEK 4 EOC: Excellent Customer Service

      When we go to watch a movie, aside from the things we purchase to eat from the soncession stand, there isn't a tangible item that we can walk away with when the movie credits roll. The only thing we are left with is the experience we had, even if the movie itself was not so great. Every person we come into contact with during our theatre experience has the opportunity to enrich our experience. They can also leave a sour taste in our mouth, much like the last time I went to the movies.
         I was at the theatre the other day and felt like someone should have be refreshed on how to treat a customer. I bought some candy that tasted funny and waited until the end of my movie to bring it up to the concession attendants. When I did so, they didn't even offer to refund my money; they simply gave me a new box and sent me on my way. They didn't even ask me if I wanted another one, or what they could do to make me happy.


     However  trite it may seem, I sat through my whole movie with a crummy box of candy that was almost as much as the movie itself. There are many theatres in Las Vegas, all competing with each other, all offering similar products and services. When I walk out of a theatre, the last thought on my mind should be the ending of the movie, not the finish of the candy on my palate. Needless to say, while it wasn't their intention to sell me a defective box of candy, it was their responsibility to remedy the situation. They lost out on an opportunity to provide me with excellent customer service and just give me my money back. They could have asked me how I felt or what I wanted. Next time, I think I'll choose one of the twenty other theatres here in the Las Vegas Valley.


"Excellent customer service is more than what you say or do for your customers. It also means giving customers a chance to make their feelings known."
www.entrepreneur.com/encyclopedia/term/82148.html


"During a recession it does not matter who your customers are, if you do not service them with excellent customer service your competition will."
http://getentrepreneurial.com/archives/-theimportance-of-customer-service-during-a-recession/


"Remember, it costs five times as much to bring in one new customer as it takes to keep an existing one happy."
www.allbusiness.com/company-activities-management/operations-customer/10207054-1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment